This Can Affect Your Overall Health
Is one or more missing teeth getting in the way of you enjoying a carefree life? Are you constantly trying to cover the gap in your smile or avoiding social situations because you feel uncomfortable showing your teeth? There is a common and effective solution that can replace missing teeth and increase your confidence.
Missing Teeth Can Affect Your Health, Too
Tooth loss can be caused by tooth decay, injury or aging. While it affects the appearance of your smile, missing teeth can also change how you chew and speak. Besides these everyday issues, missing teeth can lead to a number of dental and overall health problems. Adjacent teeth can shift out of place or increase your risk of oral infection, causing further dental damage.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants have become a popular choice for replacing missing teeth because they can last a lifetime with proper care. An implant acts as the tooth root and is placed in the jawbone. A replacement tooth, or crown, is then placed on the implant. Both the implant and crown function and feel just like your natural teeth. What’s nice about implants is that they also blend in with the rest of your teeth, no one will know the difference. Other benefits of dental implants include:
- Ability to speak freely — Missing teeth can cause you to mumble or slur your words.
- Dental implants offer a permanent and secure fit so you can speak with confidence.
- Eat whatever foods you want — Implants are durable and function just like your natural teeth.
- Ease of care— Implants can be cared for just like natural teeth and eliminate the inconvenience of having to remove dentures for cleaning.
- Maintain oral health — Implants help preserve your jawbone.
Please contact our office in Wellington, FL to schedule a consultation for dental implants.